May 10, 2010

It's been a hard day's night... of the living dead?

Hi. This is me avoiding school work: first I re-watched a film I knew would be bad. Then I found myself wandering around Internet chasing down information about an upcoming movie that will potentially be VERY bad. My teachers would be proud.

The film I used to waste time was Mars Attacks!, which I had previously seen approximately ten years ago. It was even worse than I remembered! Ha ha. I know it's supposed to be like a sci-fi parody, but at times it just too absurd! And excuse me but what the **** is Tom Jones doing there?? Oh well. Maybe I'm a bore. But for me, Tim Burton has done much much better things, before and after. Oh and I can't believe Titanic was released only a year after this! Just compare the special effects... Well, that's how you see who's spending the money and aming for the highest-grossing film to date. (Yes, I'm carefully mocking James Cameron here. VERY carefully, because I don't want to insult Titanic.) (How come I always end up bitterly mocking JC...? Guess I'm a bad loser. Me being Titanic and the other side being Avatar. Alright, enough now. I should write a whole post about this, get it all out of my system for good...)


It has a pretty funny poster, though! "Nice planet. We'll take it!" Speaking of posters and Tim Burton, here's a nice link I came across. Minimalist posters for the films of Tim Burton. I think some of them are quite charming!


Then the other thing! I'm sure you might me familiar with these already...


I really don't know what to think about these books! I haven't had a chance to read any, but I'm seriously thinking about ordering one, just to satisfy my curiosity. Somehow I find these quite intrigueing... And then I found this article. The Beatles and zombies? This could be very very bad or very very good. They also mentioned that movie is being made based on the Abe Lincoln book, and its producers: Tim Burton and the man behind Wanted, Timur Bekmambetov. And I'm strangely looking forward to this! Here's the cover of the Beatles book.


I'm a Beatles fan, should I find this somehow offending? Well, I think this has as much potential to be very good as it has to be very bad, so I'm hoping for the best. It's becoming available next month, I think, so I guess this might be my birthday present for myself...

No comments: