Jul 10, 2011

Catching up!

I'm not dead! I'm just extremely preoccupied with everything else but watching movies and blogging. The combination of the most awesome summer job in the world, not so awesome summer studies and the fact that a month from now I'll be in Emporia, Kansas, has kept me quite busy. Anyway, here's something I've been up to:


I'm watching Roswell! Haha, this is weird. I gave in to the odd need that was sparked by Paul and borrowed the first season from a friend. Yeah, I've only seen two episodes so far, and yeah, I haven't been addicted or blown away in any way (I must be too old, after all), but it's still kind of fun. The best thing is that I don't find the protagonist annoying at all, like I was sure I would! First time for everything!

Also, I watched the first season of Sherlock, which is a modern day adaption of the ever so awesome and captivating British detective. And I loved it and I want more, more, more, now please! Team Benedict Cumberbatch/Martin Freeman works so flawlessly, and their cooperation is almost more entertaining to watch than Team RDJ/Jude Law's! Almost. I'm still being loyal, so far. Anyway, series two is to be aired this autumn, so yay!


My New Year Resolution is going through a rough time. I'm half way through, but it's not looking too good. I did watch Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid last month, and yeah, I did like it, kind of, but just fell into the old habbit of cutting my toenails while watching and sharing my attention with several other activities. Which is never good. So I haven't been able to write a post about it, and I've declared June another big FAIL, like May and 8 ½ was. Shame on me, shame on me. This month I should watch Citizen Kane, and I'm only hoping there won't be a third FAIL in a row. Because that would be just pathetic.

Posts about London and the Glee Live are still in their initial stages, but I'm being hopeful. Maybe after tomorrow's exam I'll have break before starting the final assignment of the summer: an essay of eighteen pages. Whoo, can't wait!

And last but not least... The Deathly Hallows pt. 2 is coming, and it's coming fast! I'm in a hurry to finish the book before Wednesday 00:07 am. The end is so near it's almost here! Boohoo! Or hurray! Or whatever. Both, I suppose.

4 comments:

June said...

Oh Roswell! I still haven't picked up the courage to order the DVD box of the whole series. I used to love it 10 years ago or so when it came from TV. But I'm afraid if I watch it again it'll get worse.. On the other hand, I've watched re-runs of Dawson's Creek also, and though the 1990s seemed a bit awkward it was also nice to get back to that world again :)

And yes, I think in the summer you're supposed to be a bit preoccupied with everything that's going on in the outside world ;)

Eeva said...

Revisiting your childhood/youth favourites is always risky business... Right now I'm struggling whether to read an early-teenage favourite book series again or not. I feel so very tempted... ;)

grezilda said...

Roswell <3
Seasons 1 & 2 were excellent, the last one not so good.

Eeva said...

I've understood that's the general opinion, yes! (Still stuck in the third episode, don't know if I'll stay here for good...)